Monday, April 2, 2012

GameDevStories: The Waiting Game Gut Check

Hi again.

It's been a while since I posted, and yes, I've been busy doing stuff. More specifically, wrapping up that iOS game project that's been in the works for the last 6 months.

Well, it's done now, and more interestingly, it rolled into app review and approval state today. So now we play the waiting game (more specifically, my pre-planned date).

Is there anything more gut wrenching than this moment, knowing what you've worked on is going to be released in the wild, not knowing how people will see the game? Nope. It's a scary world, putting what you've done out for people to see, to critique, and to trash. I've done enough shipping of games out there to know not to take things personally, but it's going to be difficult for me to separate critiques of this game from critiques of me here.

Am I expecting people to say that it's a bad game? Most likely. Is it a bad game? Maybe. Does it do what I set out to do? Yes. And to me, that's good enough.

All that's left for me to do now is to write a few accompanying posts (which is as far as I'm going to go for advertising this thing), set the game free, and let the chips fall where they may.

See you 4/4/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment